Xperia X10 Phone Family getting Android 2.1
Sony Ericsson has announced their plans to release Android 2.1 for all mobile devices from the Xperia X10 family. They admit that their users were far behind everyone else, running such an old version of Android as 1.6 but Sony promises to make everyone happy but continues teasing the users, as there is no word yet on a date when the updates will be available. The only information is that Android 2.1 will be released for Xperia X10 “from end of October and onwards”.
The key changes for the different products are the following:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
Sony Ericsson also mentions that the updates will be released step by step, as different versions of the update will be distributed in the different parts of the world, depending on the local configurations and laws. So wait for a month and get ready for the new features in your Xperia X10.